Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all purchases and transactions processed by this website, over the telephone or in-store. Please read carefully and print a copy for reference.
Details of how to place and pay for your order online are available here.
Prices All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT but exclude any delivery charges. We reserve the right to change advertised prices at any time. Please note that prices change regularly.
We reserve the right to cancel any order for an item found to be priced incorrectly.
Payment We accept payment by debit or credit card, bank transfer, cheque (goods/services supplied only on receipt of cleared funds) and SagePay (online orders only).
Availability All products displayed on the website are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
If your order cannot be fulfilled you may be offered an alternative product or given a full refund.
Delivery See our delivery page for more information & terms.
Returns If you've changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we'll exchange or refund it.
If the item ordered is a special order, ie not one normally held in our stock, we reverse the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 40% of the sold price including vat , it must returned in its original condition, having not been unpacked and including the original undamaged packaging
Unless faulty, this should be within 30 days of receiving your order. For unwanted items purchased please return to us within 30 days of purchase If you return your item to one of our shops and you'd like a refund but don't have your receipt, order confirmation or delivery note, we'll give you a credit note to the value of the current selling price. If you return the item to us by any other method, we’ll refund the person who originally placed and paid for the order.
This includes items you've purchased during Clearance andPrice Match sales. If you return your order to our shop we’ll process your refund immediately. It can take up to 5 days for the bank to transfer the funds to you. For all other returns routes, it can take up to 14 days from your returning the item(s) to receiving your refund.
For online orders, please ring 01206 791894 to arrange collection If you have a faulty electrical item, please call 01206 791894 or the store from 9am - 5pm weekdays and Saturdays.
Installation Please see our installation page for more details.
• - Our install team will replace like for like, and by this we mean the same type of appliance in the same position, using the same connections (plumbing and electrical).
• - It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all appliances will fit, have the right power supplies available and the relevant ventilation and clearances required.
• - As part of the install service we will: ◦ Unpack your new product, remove and dispose of the packaging. ◦ Remove the plinths and panel doors of the old appliance. ◦ Connect the new appliance to existing pipe work or electrical supply.
◦ Basic carpentry work (additional holes, cutting work surface for larger hob) Additional charges may apply. ◦ Level the appliance and fit in space. ◦ Fit the existing panel door to the new appliance. ◦ Remove the old appliance. (Chargeable) ◦ We will guarantee all installation work for 28 days.
• - Before ordering you should ensure: ◦ The existing panel door is in a suitable condition to be fitted. ◦ Your appliance will fit into the existing housing. ◦ There is easy access to the existing pipe work and stop valves are working correctly (Wet appliances) •
• - What we WILL NOT DO:
◦Make any alterations to existing plumbing or electrical connections.
◦ Connect the appliance if it puts the fitter or customer at risk.
◦ Connect the appliance is it does not meet safety guidelines.
◦ Make any alterations to stone worktops.
◦ Deliver above ground floor level , ie in excess of 5 steps or enlarge access ways to allow appliance delivery ie remove gates or doors restricting access without prior discussion or inspection
◦ Lift appliances over fixed furniture , ie fixed kitchen units without prior inspection and agreement
◦ Make alterations to kitchen units where the previous appliance has been incorrectly fitted
◦ Renew kichen cabinets where previous appliances have caused water damage to existing housing cabinets
• - Failed Installations: ◦ If an installation fails because the customer did not inform us of any reason why it may not be successful or because the customer did not comply with the terms & conditions stated we reserve the right to make a failed installation charge of half the original installation connection fee. This charge applies per appliance. • Site Survey: If you are unsure whether your new appliance will be suitable we can offer a site survey service priced at £30.00
• Although we offer an extensive Installation service, we are currently unable to offer timed calls. Manufacturer’s Guarantees and Extended Protection Plans:
• All items are covered by a minimum of a 12 month manufacturer warranty. This is subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions which can be found on their websites. which is subject to provisions that the appliance: ◦ Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use. ◦ Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book. ◦ Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer's service engineers. ◦
• Any appliance which has a guarantee over 12 months must be registered within 28 days of receipt to qualify for any additional years' cover which are promotional and subject to the manufacturers own Terms and Conditions. • We offer extended 5 year warranties with RETRACARE which cover parts and labour which can be purchased through the website or over the telephone. ◦ These are underwritten by Retracare ◦ Please refer to the following Terms and Conditions by Retracare for further information. ◦ Terms & Conditions (retracare.co.uk) ◦ Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at [email protected].
Should there be any reason to raise a complaint it will be taken seriously and should be made in writing to 60-62 Barrack Street Colchester our address is on our contact us page. Your Statutory Rights None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected. Your rights It is our responsibility to supply you with goods and services that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us, our contact details are given above.
If you are unclear about your rights or require advice, you can contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on freephone 0808 223 1133 or www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer Your right to cancel You have a right to cancel this contract without giving any reason. The cancellation period starts when we enter into a contract with you and will end 14 days after you have taken possession of the goods we are supplying you. In order to exercise your right to cancel you must inform us of your decision by a clear statement (e.g. a phone call, letter sent by post, fax or email).
To meet the cancellation deadline you should let us know that you wish to cancel before the cancellation period has expired. If you want to put this in writing, this can be sent to us at the above address or by email to [email protected].
Effects of cancellation If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all that you have paid us, subject to certain possible deductions set out below, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a
type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. It may be that once we have delivered the goods, you wish for us to start work straight away and to do this we will need a specific request from you because of the cancellation period. If you requested us to start work during the cancellation period, you will still have the right to cancel but:
• You will have to pay our labour costs for the work that we have done up to the point you inform us of your decision to cancel
• We will not collect or remove any goods that we have installed unless we have offered to do so • You may remove the goods yourself and return them to us at the above address and at your own expense within 14 days of informing us of your decision to cancel unless this was offered by us. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than: a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
1. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
▪ to supply the products to you; ▪ to process your payment for the products;
▪ to identify you in the future should you need to contact us regarding your purchase;
▪ to notify you in the unlikely event of a manufacturer's safety notice or product recall;
▪ if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
2. We will comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and any other applicable data protection laws in the UK when processing any personal data which you provide. Use of Website By browsing and using this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, is a guide to our relationship with you in relation to this website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only.
It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s).
We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
60-62 Barrack Street
TEl 01206 791894
Email [email protected]
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) sets out the terms and conditions on which we supply the product(s) listed on our website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any product(s). By ordering any product(s), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Anglian Electrics is/are a member of Combined Independent (Holdings) Ltd, and many of the products available through our business are supplied to us via CIH Ltd. We also advertise and sell products under the euronics brand identity. When you shop with us, and purchase any product or service offered by us via CIH Ltd, we will share limited data with CIH Ltd and this may include any or all of the following; name, address and order details, email address and telephone number. This data is used for experience, analytics and marketing purposes only, including services provided by 3rd parties used by either ourselves and/or CIH Ltd and via our website and/or euronics.co.uk. Such services could include, but are not limited to; user journey and site analytics, reviews platforms, marketing mailings and newsletters, service emails and safety and product recall information.
Anglian Electrics will deliver all purchased goods within a window of 3 days. Anglian Electrics will contact all customers immediately after a sale has been made to confirm the delivery details.
Information about us
https://www.anglianelectrics.co.uk (this site) is operated by Anglian Electrics. Anglian Electrics is registered in the U.K. and we trade from 60-62 Barrack Street Colchester Essex CO1 2LS. Anglian Electrics's VAT number is 341719364.
This site is only intended for use by, and orders will only be accepted from, residents of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We cannot commit that product(s) supplied are suitable for use in any other regions.
Placement and processing of orders
If you wish to buy product(s) through this site then you should follow the procedure specified in this site.
After placing an order, and once payment has been authorised, you will receive a sales confirmation via email acknowledging that your order has been received by Anglian Electrics.
Acceptance of your order will be made which confirms that the product(s) you have ordered are available for delivery.
The contract between you and Anglian Electrics will only be formed when a sale confirmation is sent to you and payment has been received.
Anglian Electrics will confirm that your chosen product will be delivered on certain date and request that this is acceptable.
If you wish to cancel your order, this will need to be done by 12pm the working day prior to your delivery date (Mon-Fri), or delivery will be made. Any returns after this time will be liable for a collection charge.
You will be informed as soon as possible if for any reason product(s) ordered by you are not available for supply. Where you have already paid for the product(s), you will then be issued with a full refund or an alternative product.
If you are ordering product(s) as a consumer you may cancel the contract at any time within a fourteen working day "cooling-off" period, beginning on the day after the day you receive the product(s) (the required post contractual information will be supplied in an email confirming your delivery).
To cancel a Contract, you must inform Anglian Electrics. You will then be contacted to agree a method for returning the product(s). Product(s) must be returned in the same condition in which you received them. If you return product(s) in person or send them they will be at your risk until they are received by us. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the product(s) while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. We may also charge you a reasonable sum as reimbursement for any missing items such as leads or remote controls.If you need to return product(s) because you are a consumer and have cancelled the contract within the fourteen working day cooling-off period, you will be responsible for the cost of returning product(s) to us or, where applicable, of us collecting them from you.
Upon receipt of the product, we will refund the price of the product(s) in full, including any initial delivery charges, less the cost(s) we incur in collecting the product, and replacing any missing item(s) or accessories. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within thirty days of the day we take receipt of the product(s).
If you are returning product(s) that are faulty, you will not be responsible for any collection costs. You will need to contact Anglian Electrics and we will initially look at resolving the issue. If this is not an issue that we can resolve, and the product is less than 28 days old, then the product can be returned, at our cost, and you will receive a full refund. However, if any accessories are missing, the cost of these will be deducted from your refund.
Details of this statutory right, and an explanation of how to exercise it, are also provided in the sale confirmation. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
The price of any product(s) will be as quoted on this site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. These prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs and any other additional services you may have opted for e.g installation, old product disposal etc.
Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders that are the subject of a sale confirmation.
This site contains a large number of product(s) and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the product(s) listed may be incorrectly priced. Prices will normally be verified as part of the dispatch procedures so that, where the correct price is less than the stated price, you will be charged the lower amount. If the correct price is higher than the stated price, you will be contacted for instructions before dispatching the product(s) and you may then cancel your order if you wish. If you do not cancel your order the product(s) will be supplied at the higher price. We are under no obligation to provide product(s) to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a sale confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
All payments must be in UK Pounds Sterling.